Ventilator Sterilizer – Air And Steam Mixture
Air & steam mixture (Ventilator) terminal sterilizer is an efficient method for terminal sterilization of large volume parental in plastic pouches, solutions in open or semi closed containers, glass containers, vials or ampoules, contact lenses in blisters, pre-filled syringes etc. The key feature of this method is that the product is completely dry after sterilization.
The load is introduced on appropriate carriages and trays into the chamber, followed by allowing steam to enter the chamber through a perforated conduit located at the top. One or more fans (blowers) are located on the sealing of the chamber. The depth of the chamber would decide the number of fans required. The blowers help in circulation of steam and rapid homogenization of air (already present in the chamber) with steam. The system provides uniform heating of the load. Counter balance of pressure in the container is achieved by introducing filtered air into the chamber system. After the sterilization phase, the product goes through a cooling phase. The finned tube heat exchangers mounted on the side-walls of the chamber carry chilled water allowing the product temperature to decrease. At the end of the process the product is sterile, cool and dry.
- Sterilization of filled containers of HDPE/LDPE, multi-layer pouches/bottles & glass bottles
- After sterilization the product packaging comes out totally dry unlike the bottles sterilized in super-heated water spray sterilizer.
- Large volume infusion/parenteral solution in plastic bottles & plastic bags
- Blood bags
- Pre-filled syringes or ampoules
- Blister pack products
- Contact lenses
- Recirculation blowers with double (optional) mechanical seal & a powerful electric motor to ensure uniform mixing of steam & air.
- Finned tube heat exchangers for effective and rapid cooling of the load
- Baffle plates for horizontal flow to optimize temperature distribution
- Automatic sliding doors for ease of operation
- Guide rails for easy movement of product carriages inside the chamber
- Optional automatic loading —unloading system
- Single or double door, semi-automatic hinged type or automatic sliding type
- Temperature & pressure monitoring inside the chamber
- PLC & HMI based control system with provision for SCADA connectivity.
- Range of alarms & safety devices for product, process & operator safety
- Rapid cooling cycle available for shorter cycle time
- Provided with extensive documentation
Also Check Out: